REEF - ON THE ROAD AGAIN IN 2013
We are pleased to announce that together with REINSW, REEF will be conducting members briefings in 19 convenient locations throughout June and July.
The program for 2013 will comprise 4 presentations from each of the following organisations:
- NSW Fair Trading;
- NSW Small Business Commissioner
Click here to download the briefing program including dates, locations and registration form.
REEF'S SUBMISSION TO THE SENATE INQUIRY INTO CHANGES TO THE FAIR WORK ACT
Members would be aware that the Federal Government has tabled legislation in the Parliament to vary the Fair Work Act 2009. As part of the Fair Work Amendment Bill 2013 (the "Bill") it is proposed that a new objective be inserted into Act that, if passed, is likely to result in penalty rates being applied to work performed on the weekend and evenings by real estate sales and property/strata management employees. It is also proposed that anti-bullying provisions be inserted into the Act.
REEF on behalf of its members has now lodged a submission to the Senate Committee which is looking into the proposed legislation. The submission strongly opposes the proposed legislation.
To access the submission click here.
We will keep members informed of developments associated with this most important issue.
APPLICATIONS TO VARY REEF'S RULES LODGED WITH FWC
We wish to advise members that REEF has lodged two separate applications to vary its rules in accordance with the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009. These applications relate to:
1. A change in the organisations name and eligibility for membership. This application seeks to provide that employers in the Australian Capital Territory are eligible to become members of the Federation. A consequential change is to seek approval to remove the designation of "New South Wales" from our name as it would no longer be appropriate or accurate;
2. The second application concerns changes to our rules pursuant to the requirements of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Amendment Act 2012. This Act makes it mandatory for all registered organisations like REEF to vary their rules to provide for greater financial accountability in its management.
These notices are provided pursuant to Regulations 121(4) and 126(1)(b).
IMPROVEMENTS TO OUR WHS MODULE
We are pleased to announce that our Work Health and Safety (WHS) module has been improved with the addition of two new management tools designed to provide your agency with a practical response to the new WHS laws. These are:
- A template Health & Safety Management System (HSMS). This is a manual to help your employees understand the health and safety systems implemented within your agency. It will need to be customised to meet the needs of individual agencies.
- An Audit Checklist that will help your agency determine how well it is responding to its obligations under the WHS laws.
You can download both these documents from the "Resources" tab in the WHS module within REEF's People Management System.
It is important that the instructions accompanying the HSMS are carefully considered and followed.
Login and check them out!